Reduce your risk by Training your workers!
Work at height training is key to reducing the risk to your workers and ensuring that the equipment is used correctly. Most accidents occur due to workers having not received any type of formal training. Employers have legal and moral duty to provide training to their operatives relevant to the task required. They should also ensure that training levels are maintained, regularly monitored and refreshed at suitable intervals.
Training is critical to ensure operatives are competent in the use of the equipment provided and required to undertake the task required to ensure they and others remain safe.
Competence. Every employer shall ensure that no person engages in any activity, including organisation, planning and supervision, in relation to work at height or work equipment for use in such work unless he is competent to do so or, if being trained, is being supervised by a competent person.
Eurosafe Solutions offer a range of work at height courses to cover all situations. One of our main courses is the Advanced with Rescue Training course. This course aims to provide the delegate with an advanced knowledge of how to work safely at height and be able to carry out a rescue if a fall occurred.
This course covers off the following and is mixture of both theory and practical:
- Overview of health & safety legislation, regulations and Personal Protective Equipment legislation
- Hierarchy of Risk and the Difference between fall restraint & fall arrest
- Correct choice of equipment & planning
- Assessments of hazards & risk
- Understanding of Suspension Trauma
- Pre-use checks of all equipment
- Identification of safe areas to work and suitable Anchor Points
- Safe use of ladders
- Work positioning techniques
- Certification and inspection of fall protection equipment
- Rescue plans & Situations
- Use of a controlled Descent Device & other Rescue Equipment
- First aid Actions
- Understanding techniques used for safe methods of climbing
- Practical element using fall protection & rescue equipment
For more information on our training courses please get in touch with Wayne Reid. . . (employee )