Eurosafe Solutions are a Sheffield based specialist subcontractor renowned as market leaders in the safe access and fall protection industry. Pioneering, innovative design, and use of market leading fall protection and access equipment, allows us to develop tailored solutions across all sectors, from commercial, leisure, retail and residential properties; large scale, aviation, healthcare and stadia developments; to the complex and often unique environments of the industrial, utilities and energy sectors.
Due to continuous expansion, we are looking for a Test & Inspection Operative to join our team, based in Crawley.
We welcome serious applications from hard working, enthusiastic individuals who have a desire to work for a forward-thinking company with likeminded people.
As part of the role you will be required to complete the testing of permanent access and fall protection equipment. This include cable base fall protection systems, abseil/clip on eyebolt and fall arrest ladders located on various buildings / structures / wind turbines.
This involves dealing face to face with clients, planning works to ensure efficient and successful working practices and completion of contract specific reports to a high standard.
The role will require traveling to and from destinations all over the UK with regular overnight stays required. All overnight hotels are booked for the team, you will have a private room and overnight expenses will be covered by a meal deal option or an allowance.
Working Monday – Friday, 40hours basic. All Hours above basic (including travel time) will be paid additionally to basic salary at time and ½.
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
Full training will be available & progression within the department is encouraged.
Accountabilities and Main Duties
- Test & inspect fall protection equipment
- To be familiar with the test procedures for each component
- Assist Supervisor with completing relevant paperwork regarding site visits accurately
- Ensure RAMS are adhered too and understood
- Report to Supervisor /Contracts Manager / Team about problems on site
- Safely operate MEWPS and other equipment on site
- To have an understanding of the current Work at Height (Amendment) Regulations 2007 and any future amendments or updates
- Maintain a good working relationship with team members
- Assist with reporting Failures & repairs on inspected equipment
- Correlate all information back to the office including access & potential sales
- Deal politely with clients both face-to-face and on the phone
Qualifications & Skills
- Full Driving Licence
- Physically fit & Confident at working at Heights
- Team player, cooperative, interested in further development.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility to carry out the necessary duties to complete the task efficiently and in a timely Manner
Preferred qualifications (Training provided, if not):
- Working at Height
- Fall Arrest Harness Training
- GWO industry training/experience.
Why Choose Eurosafe Solutions
Eurosafe Solutions prides itself on the quality of the projects we deliver and the service we provide to our clients; this can only be achieved with highly motivated, quality people. We are therefore committed to high standards of staff development and retention making this role suitable for a committed individual who is looking for stable long-term career development.
We are a vibrant and ambitious company with an open and relaxed management culture, nurturing continuous improvement and innovation. We believe this attitude has allowed us to achieve a staff turnover rate well below the industry average. Our entrepreneurial ethos encourages and fosters the growth of our employees and our proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
Eurosafe Solutions Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Reviews
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Additional holiday added per year of work (up to 36 days)
- Private Medical healthcare – including Dental, Optical, Physio and Mental Health cover
- Pre-booked accommodation when working away
- Overnight allowance or meal deal available when working away
- Overtime is paid additionally at rates specific to the time / date of work
- All expenses paid weekly
- Development opportunities within department / company
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: On the road