Lightning Protection Operative (NVQ Level 2)
Eurosafe Solutions are the market leader in the design, supply and installation of bespoke fall protection systems, with a network of offices spanning Northern Europe. Due to Eurosafe’s continuous growth in the testing, inspecting and repairing of lightning protection systems, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a qualified lightning protection engineer to join a growing team.
Eurosafe solutions are looking to recruit an experienced and qualified lightning protection engineer responsible for mainly testing and repairing lighting protection systems and occasionally installing.
The successful candidate will report to the testing & inspections manager and will be expected to liaise with clients to communicate any inspection outcome on site. It will also be expected that the candidate shall produce a full breakdown of materials to allow the sales team to price for system extensions and repairs that may be required. The successful candidate will also receive training in installing & testing fall protection equipment, with a view to becoming a valuable cross trained member of the team.
As the role requires nationwide travel between sites, flexible working hours will be required. The successful candidate will be expected to have a positive attitude to working away from home.
• Test and inspection of Lightning Protection Systems
• Repairing failed Lightning Protection Systems
• You will manage an apprentice Lightning Engineer and work together to follow site specific job requirements to install equipment safety, efficiently and correctly.
• Test and inspection of Fall Protection Systems (on-the-job training)
• Plan and execute the work in line with the method statement and any instruction provided by the client ensuring that work is carried out in a safe and productive manner
• Complete detailed on site reports
• On occasions, manage a small team in the execution of annual testing, inspection and repair procedures
• Will be responsible for the company vehicle and equipment provided
Skills & Personal Qualities:
• Excellent planning & time management
• Good communication skills
• Attention to detail & accuracy
• Flexible, motivated and able to work effectively to achieve objectives and deadlines
• Willing to travel the UK and Europe when required
• Flexible and positive approach to working away from home
• Proficient using Microsoft applications
• A head for heights
• The ability to follow strict safe working practices
• Good practical skills for using tools and equipment
Required Qualifications & Knowledge:
• Minimum NVQ Level 2 Lightning Conductor Engineer
• Understanding of BS EN 62305 and BS 6651
• Knowledge of the H&S act 1978
• Understanding of construction drawings
• A full clean driving licence, valid to drive in the UK
Desirable Qualifications & Knowledge:
• NVQ Level 3 Lightning Conductor Engineer
• Latchways/Capital Safety Installer Certificate
• IPAF 3a, 3b and 1b
• CSCS Working at height
• Roof Top Safety
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Inspection Certification (LOLER)
• Knowledge of Work at Height (Amendment) Regulations 2005
• Understanding of BS EN 795