Safety at Height Supervisor - London/S.East
Safety At Height Supervisor
Eurosafe Solutions Limited are a market leader in the design, supply, installation and maintenance of bespoke fall protection and access systems, with a network of offices spanning Northern Europe.
Due to continued growth, we welcome serious applications from hard working, enthusiastic individuals who have a desire to work for a forward-thinking company with likeminded people.
We are presently recruiting for a Safety at Height site supervisor to join our existing team of installers of fall protection equipment and bespoke access solutions.
Working as part of a 2-man (minimum) site based installation team, you will install permanent access equipment, such as; Latchways fall restraint and arrest systems, access ladders, gantries and platforms, fixed and freestanding handrail systems, aluminium & mild steel walkway systems and suspended access equipment, including abseil anchors and rail.
The role will predominately be London based but could require travel to destinations throughout the UK and abroad as required by the business. Overnight stays and night shifts may be required to suit specific projects
To fulfil this role, you will need to have construction site experience in one or more of the following areas architectural metalwork, roofing, steel erection or M&E, however, experience of site supervision of other trades within the construction industry will also be considered.
Full training will be available
Responsibilities & Duties
- You will manage a trained safety at height operative and work together to follow site specific job requirements to install equipment safety in accordance with site specific risk assessments and method statements both accurately and efficiently.
- Majority of works will be undertaken at height with the safe working approach the responsibility of the supervisor.
- To manage materials & equipment on site and within the company van. This will include accepting deliveries on site, monitoring and communicating stock levels on site to ensure works progression in line with programme, managing hire equipment on site and returning stock to head office.
- All works will require a good ability to work on your own initiative to overcome problems encountered and establish and follow efficient working practices on site.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with site management/ the client to ensure works are completed as and when required.
- To form and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues.
- Completion of site job information packs, inspection records and team’s timesheets.
- Reading drawings to set out and undertake works in accordance with approved site drawings.
Qualifications & Skills
- Over 3 Years’ experience within the industry (Fall Protection, Construction, M&E, Roofing, Steelwork, etc.) and/or experience in site supervision.
- Physically fit & confident at Working at Heights
- Full clean driving license & comfortable driving range of vehicles up to 3.5T gross vehicle weight.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) at all levels.
- Basic IT knowledge (Emails, Apps etc.)
- Attention to detail and high standard of finishing.
- Punctual & good time management skills
- Literate & numerate
- Self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative
- Flexibility to carry out the necessary duties to complete the task efficiently and in a timely manner
Preferred but not essential
- Harness & Lanyard Trained
- Working at height experience
- Manual handling
- Competence with range of power and hand tools.
The successful candidate will have the potential to develop their skill base to allow them to grow within the business.
Package to include:
- A competitive salary for the suitable candidate
- 40-hour week (on site)
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Health insurance scheme (after 3 months)
- Incentives in place for:
- Unsociable hours
- Company phone (for work purposes only)
- Company van (for work purposes only)
Permanent – Full-time