Managing Work at Height
This course is designed to provide anyone involved in managing projects where personnel will be working at height, with the skills to plan and manage the work activities.
What this course covers . . .
Ensure you have the right training for the right situation.
The key to protecting your workers at height is not only ensuring you have the right equipment but the right training.
It is aimed to provide an in-depth examination of legislative, occupational health & safety and practical elements effecting the management of work at height.
This course covers:
- Overview of health & safety legislation, regulations and Personal Protective Equipment legislation
- Hierarchy of Risk and the Difference between fall restraint & fall arrest
- Correct choice of equipment & planning
- Assessments of hazards & risk
- Understanding of Suspension Trauma
- Pre-use checks of all equipment
- Identification of safe areas to work and suitable Anchor Points
- Safe use of ladders
- Documentation, Certification and inspection of fall protection equipment
- Rescue plans & Equipment
- First Aid Actions
- Duty of Care, Management roles, Training requirements
- Writing Risk Assessments and Method Statements
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to manage personnel safely when working at height.
Duration: 1 day
Delegates: up to 6
Certification valid for 3 Years